Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We had a VERY Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Heart Day!
We had a great Valentine’s Day. Took the day off to be with the girls, both had parties at school.

I had a fun time crafting the girls Valentines this year. Gracie decorated hers with stickers and glitter glue. Just a side note, glitter glue makes me crazy. Anyway, she did a great job. We made Butterflies for the girls and Super Heroes for the boys.

On occasions such as this, the girls always wake up to their suprises on the table. Gracie asked this year if their Valentines would be on the table, and of course they were, waiting on them to wake up! (From both sets of Grandparents and their Great Aunt Terri - lucky kids!)

First stop was Gracie’s school for an 8:15am Valentine drop off. I hung out for a little while and worked with some of the kids on sorting some conversation hearts and grafting the amounts. Fun and learning.
Next stop, 9:00am for Savannah’s little party. She was mad at me from the start. Not sure why, just being Savannah I guess. She finally perked up after a little bit of an outside discussion with Mommy.

11:00am, back to Gracie’s school for the official Valentine exchange. She had a blast – all of the kids did. They were allowed to choose one item to eat and also were able to drink their “Love Potion” that one of the other moms prepared for them. Very cute idea and the kids loved it!!

We finished up the day with a steak dinner for all, which was delicious and a very fun evening out on the “town.” Big Chiefland ya know! Both girls were jacked up on candy, but quickly crashed and burned at bed time. (sorry for the quality of the pics – I forgot to charge my camera, so I was working with my phone. )

Love,
Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment