Monday, April 23, 2012

Here comes Peter Cottontail...

We had a great Easter this year – fast paced – crazy, but enjoyed spending time with our family. Saturday we spent the afternoon with Matt’s family hunting eggs and having a little cook out. It was a great start to some egg hunting and Easter bunny fun. Gracie, Savannah and Micaela hunted 100 eggs, so needless to say there were plenty to go around. A special thanks to Katie and Doris for hiding all 100 eggs. I think we found 98… Gracie was all business…
Savannah was her happy little self even though she was sick with an upper respiratory cold and a nasty cough, she smiled the entire weekend.
Of course I did not succeed in getting any pics with my camera of their Easter dresses, but they are on my aunts. They were both so beautiful! We attended Church with my Grandparents, Grace Methodist, in Lawtey, FL. A beautiful turn of the century wooden church, just the kind that I dreamed of getting married in, with a white steeple, amazing woodwork, stained glass windows and the bells still chime. The message was wonderful, but I must admit that both Matthew and my attention spans were short as we were admiring the wood working and beautiful details to the windows in that church. The ceiling was incredible. After Church we all gathered at my Grandparents house for some Easter lunch, ham, baked beans, potato salad, mac and cheese – our traditional start to the Spring and Summer season. The Easter Bunny visited G-Pops and G-Mamas this year and left some very special treats for the girls as well as hid the eggs that we colored the night before. The bunny has the same method for hiding as when I was a child - little nest with a beautiful colored egg on top. ;) I have to tell you, I was so exhausted the night before that I just about colored the eggs without boiling them first. My Grandmother just so happened to ask, have you boiled those. Ugh, the brain of a working, exhausted mother of two… But, Gracie, Savannah, G-Mama, Terri and I got them all colored and oh glittered up for the Easter Bunny!! Regardless of the goings on, we enjoyed celebrating but also know and talked with both of the girls the true meaning and the importance of Easter – our Risen Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment