Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring Break 2012

We, Matthew, my Mom and I, decided to spend a few days in Cedar Key for the girls Spring Break this year. We knew we wanted to stay somewhere close to home and not make it a big issue, so we decided CK would be perfect. Matthew couldn’t really take off to go anywhere, so we came to him. We rented a condo at Cedar Cove, right on the beach. Had a great room with a really nice view – really enjoyed the balcony!! We spent Wednesday night, Thursday and Friday night down there – got up super early on Saturday and headed home.

Morning 1 – by 9:30am the girls were ready to go the beach!!

Loved being able to walk 10 feet and not have to haul a car load. We played, sunned, swam.

Around 11:00am half of Chiefland Elementary ended up at the beach, so Gracie just had a ball playing with a lot of her friends. Of course they all got really brave and the next thing we knew they were clear out to the buoys.

Ugh, that water – mud and all, and not a single care in the world. Guess as the old saying goes, ‘what you don’t know, won’t hurt ya’. Well as their mama, I can tell you I know what is in that water and although I’m not at all scared of it, I just choose to sit on the beach. Those crabs HURT!! I figure in due time, they will experience the same pain that many of us have at CK beach.

We relaxed by the pool – Matthew and the girls swam in the FREEZING water.

Gracie is a FISH!! Cold, hot, raining and dark of night, she wants in the water and doesn’t want to come out unless you bribe her or……… she has to poop. Sorry, just had to put that in there. What is it about the water that makes them have to use the bathroom like ASAP. Each day I knew we wouldn’t get far before the MOM I GOTTA POOP sound was heard.


It was a great escape for a few days! Thanks to my Mom for all that she did. The trip was wonderful, even though it was 20 minutes from the house, it felt like a 1000, and for that I was thrilled.
On Sunday I started (HA!) and finished my last two finals for my AA. Passed them both with an A. FINISHED – now to finish my B.S.!! For now, I’m taking the summer off!! Whewwwwww….

No comments:

Post a Comment